The God We Can Know is a 7-week study designed for the entire congregation to explore the “I Am” sayings of Jesus found in the Gospel of John. Perfect for Lent or any time of year, this series will help you find and form an answer to the most essential question in the Christian faith, “Who do you say I am?”
One by one, Jesus’ statements grab our imagination, reveal more about his identity and purpose, and connect us to the God of Moses, who spoke the first “I Am.” These significant yet ordinary images (bread, light, shepherd, vine, and more) give us insightful ways to experience Jesus and point us to a God who wants to be known.
The DVD, filmed on location in the Holy Land, allows you to travel with Rob Fuquay and actually see the places where Jesus stood when he disclosed his true identity, and in what context he spoke each “I Am.” The book, DVD/study guide combo, and online support work together to provide one of the most meaningful, transforming initiatives your church can provide for the entire congregation.
Weekly themes include:
- Introduction to “I Am”—Knowing God
- I Am the Bread of Life—Knowing God’s Satisfaction
- I Am the Light of the World—Knowing God’s Guidance
- I Am the Good Shepherd—Knowing God’s Care
- I Am the True Vine—Knowing God’s Power
- I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life—Knowing God’s Way
- I Am the Resurrection and the Life—Knowing God’s Possibilities
The God We Can Know is written by Rob Fuquay and published by Upper Room Books. The Digital and eTextbook ISBNs for The God We Can Know are 9780835813402, 0835813401 and the print ISBNs are 9780835813389, 083581338X. Save up to 80% versus print by going digital with EtextZone.