Corresponding to the chapters in Health Insurance Today, 6th Edition, this workbook lets you practice the skills you will need to succeed as a health insurance professional. Practical assignments reinforce the information in the text, and learning activities and exercises challenge you to apply your knowledge to real-world situations. This new edition incorporates the latest information surrounding ICD-10, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and other timely federal influencers. Additionally, application exercises, critical thinking activities, and case studies allow you to apply critical thinking skills to solve a problem or answer a question.
- Performance objectives include hands-on, application-based learning activities with practice in areas such as completing claim forms, posting payments to a patient’s ledger, filling out “Release to Return to Work” forms, and filling out Medicare appeals.
- Critical thinking activities strengthen your ability to apply health insurance concepts to a variety of challenging situations. Includes Stop and Think exercises which allow you to apply critical thinking skills to problem solving.
- Defining Chapter Terms activities help you review and understand key terms in each chapter.
- Chapter assessments test your knowledge of text content with multiple choice, true/false, short answer, fill-in-the-blank, and matching questions.
- Problem solving/collaborative (group) activities emphasize the importance of teamwork in the health care field.
- Case studies ask you to solve a real-world problem related to health insurance, such as completing a CMS-1500 claim form or explaining how HIPAA could affect someone recently out of work.
- Application exercises ask you to apply your knowledge and skills to real-world situations.
- In-class projects and discussion topics enhance your understanding of specific content from the text.
- Internet Exploration exercises in each chapter help you learn how to perform research online.
- NEW! Up-to-date information on all topics including key coverage of Medicare, Electronic Health Records, and Version 5010.
- NEW! Expanded ICD-10 coverage and removal of all ICD-9 content other than as reference material ensures you stay up-to-date on these significant healthcare system changes.
Additional ISBNs: 0323583865, 0323583857, 9780323583862, 9780323583855