Though designed specifically for use with Wheelock’s introductory Latin course, 38 Latin Stories will complement other introductory Latin courses. 38 Latin Stories contains beginning-level prose readings that gradually increase in complexity. Eighteen of the selections are original compositions recounting tales from classical mythology and are often inspired by Ovid. Twenty are adaptations of passages from Caesar, Catullus, Cicero, Horace, Livy, Petronius, Pliny, Quintilian, Sallust, Terence, and Vergil with a heavy emphasis on Cicero. This fifth revised edition accommodates the changes incorporated in the seventh edition of Wheelock.
- A graded reader provides interesting prose readings from a variety of authors
- A list of grammar mastery assumed is presented for each reading
- Correlations with Wheelock’s chapters precede each reading
- A brief introduction sets the context of each reading
- Facing vocabulary for each selection
- Latin-to-English glossary
9780865162891, 0865162891, 9781610410250, 1610410254